Executive Director Search
The Baltimore Collegetown Network, a non-profit consortium of 14 area colleges develops projects and partnerships that attract, engage, and retain students, raise the profile of Baltimore as a college destination, and help colleges share resources. For more information please visit www.BaltimoreCollegetown.org.
The Governing Board is now searching for a new Executive Director to provide leadership, vision, and direction to support the growth and development of the Baltimore Collegetown Network. The Executive Director oversees the organization’s programs, services, and outreach and ensures smooth and efficient operations. They also represents Baltimore Collegetown to the public, lead organizational development and strategic planning, build partner relationships, and oversee a staff of three people and a budget of $1.1 million. Specific position requirements include:
- Guide strategic planning with the board, staff, and stakeholders and oversee effective implementation of plans.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with leaders from member colleges as well as corporate, foundation, government, and civic organizations.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build the visibility of the organization and convey the importance of its mission.
- Develop innovative partnerships and projects that support the mission and enhance collaboration between colleges.
- Maintain a strong brand identity for the organization through consistent messaging and a compelling visual voice.
- Function as a spokesperson for Baltimore Collegetown and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings.
- Oversee fundraising including sponsorships, partnerships, grants, special events, and individual giving.
- Provide day-to-day management of current programs and staff:
- Civic leadership initiatives, including Collegetown LeaderShape and Underground to help students connect with and serve the community.
- Marketing strategies and implementation to promote Baltimore and its colleges to prospective students and encourage current students to get engaged in the region through web, print, video, email, and social media.
- The Collegetown Shuttle, including service, contracts, and advocacy.
- Events, including a week-long tour for college counselors, a welcome event for graduate and professional students, and other events throughout the year.
- Internship resources including an online internship board and employer events.
- Maintain appropriate staff structure; oversee recruiting, training, development,mentorship, and evaluation of team members; create and maintain a working environment that fosters collaboration.
- In cooperation with board members, ensure optimal financial performance of the organization and assist with development and management of annual budget.
- Maintain business systems to ensure effective and efficient operation of the organization.
- Convene Governing Board and Executive Committee and develop draft agendas and written updates for members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and work effectively with diverse groups of people and engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Successful experience setting and achieving strategic objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of higher education trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Understanding of Baltimore and/or higher education consortiums desirable.
Please send resume and cover letter to EDsearch@BaltimoreCollegetown.org. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted through December 20, 2017. Questions can be sent to the email above.