The Baltimore Collegetown Network, a non-profit consortium of 14 area colleges and universities, develops projects and partnerships that attract, engage, and retain students, raise the profile of Baltimore as a college destination, and help colleges share resources.
We are now hiring a Marketing Director to lead existing marketing and communication initiatives and develop new ways to promote Baltimore as a great college town and support the organization’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Baltimore Collegetown Network’s verbal and visual tone across external communications by adhering to and reinforcing brand standards.
- Create and execute marketing plans, ensuring desired traffic and stakeholder interactions on Baltimore Collegetown channels and increased engagement with the Baltimore region.
- Manage the printing and distribution of Baltimore Collegetown publications, including the Baltimore Look Book.
- Manage the Collegetown website, including daily, weekly, and annual updates to program information, videos, blog entries, student profiles, college profiles, and other areas by keeping content fresh, accurate, and relevant.
- Draw insightful conclusions based on data to influence future marketing decisions.
- Pitch stories, coordinate media interviews, and brief the Executive Director on talking points as needed.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and other communication contractors to reach Collegetown’s marketing goals.
- Develop and oversee Baltimore Collegetown’s email campaigns.
- Coordinate with partners, including each member institution, Baltimore City and Baltimore County, to develop a unified, strategic marketing and communication plan to promote Baltimore as a great college town.
- Represent Baltimore Collegetown on committees and at college and community events and meetings.
- Assist in entering, updating, and retrieving information for participant tracking, mailing lists, and other functions using SalesForce, Excel, MailChimp, and other applications.
The Marketing Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Governing Board, Collegetown staff, and campus staff members. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Baltimore Collegetown offices are located on the beautiful campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relevant field (Advertising, Marketing, or Communications)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Three to five years of experience, including developing and managing marketing campaigns, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (preferred), project management, and relationship building.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and self-motivated, understand higher education and the Baltimore region, have experience executing marketing campaigns, and exhibit excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
APPLY BY MAY 1, 2018
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample or online portfolio to Kirsten Brinlee at kab@BaltimoreCollegetown.org by May 1.
The Baltimore Collegetown Network is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, email Kirsten (address above), or call 410.532.3038.