From bunny slopes to black diamond trails—Maryland skiing offers something for everyone.
Hit the Slopes!
Ski resorts near Baltimore open as early as November, weather permitting, and there are slopes for every skill level and winter sport of choice—skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. You will also find endless miles of trails for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
Places to Ski - Maryland
- Wisp Resort - 180 miles from Baltimore, 37 trails, 11 lifts, 715 ft. vertical drop—located near Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland, offers cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice skating, and fly fishing in the off season; beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails and 4 freestyle parks.
Places to Ski - Pennsylvania
- Liberty Mountain Resort – 60 miles from Baltimore, 16 trails, 9 lifts, 600 ft. vertical drop—offers deals and packages for new skiers and boarders.
- Ski Roundtop - 70 miles from Baltimore, 16 trails, 8 lifts, 600 ft. vertical drop—great for beginners, close to Hershey, Pennsylvania; offers a terrain park with a super pipe and half pipe.
- Whitetail Resort - 95 miles from Baltimore, 17 trails, 6 lifts, 935 ft. vertical drop—great for intermediate skiers, includes 2 terrain parks.
- Blue Knob Resort - 160 miles from Baltimore, 34 trails, 9 lifts, 1,072 ft. vertical drop—ski/board slopes for beginner, intermediate, advanced intermediate, and expert; cross-country skiing, ski school, and snow tubing.
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort – 200 miles from Baltimore, 33 trails, 10 chairlifts and rope tow, 750 ft. vertical drop—285 acres of skiable terrain including through-the-trees and 8 terrain parks.
- Elk Mountain - 230 miles from Baltimore, 27 trails, 6 lifts, 1,000 ft. vertical drop.
Places to Ski - West Virginia
- Canaan Valley Resort - 200 miles from Baltimore, 37 trails, 4 lifts, 850 ft. vertical drop—also offers a pro skate park and paintball arena.
- Timberline Resort - 200 miles from Baltimore, 36 trails, 3 lifts, 1,000 ft. vertical drop—varying degrees of difficulty, including black diamond runs and the longest run in the south, the 2-mile Salamander.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort – 275 miles from Baltimore, 57 trails, 1,500 ft. vertical drop—a resort for serious skiers with options including glades skiing and terrain parks.
Places to Ski - Virginia
- Massanutten Resort – 175 miles from Baltimore, 14 trails, 5 lifts, 1,100 ft. vertical drop—two terrain parks and 70 skiable acres.
- Wintergreen Resort - 215 miles from Baltimore, 19 trails, 6 lifts, 1,003 ft. vertical drop—with 2 terrain parks.