Traditional ways of celebrating may be on hold this year, but there are still plenty of ghoulish virtual and outdoor events to get your spook on!
Outdoor Halloween Movie Series at the Charles Theater
Come support Baltimore’s Best Movie Theater for an outdoor socially-distanced Halloween movie night in the Charles Theater’s parking lot! Here’s the details:
- 10/24 - Beetlejuice (1988)
- 10/31 - Evil Dead II (1987)
- The lot opens at 6:30 pm and the movie starts at 7:15 pm.
- Tickets are $10 and should be purchased in advance here.
- Bring your own lawn chair and headphones! Audio for the movie is played through your phone so you don’t have to worry about hearing every spooky word while outside.
Hallow’s Eve Yoga in Wyman Park
Join Pop Up Yoga Baltimore for a ghoulish socially-distanced Hallow’s Eve yoga class! Costumes are encouraged and participants are automatically entered into a raffle to win some treats and yoga prizes!
- Thursday, October 29th from 5:30-6:45 PM in Wyman Park’s Upper Field.
- Tickets are $20 for this hour-long class can be purchased here.
- Don’t forget to bring your own mat and mask!
Outdoor Halloween Art & Craft Market
Baltimore’s Best Concert Venue, The Ottobar, is hosting a pop Art & Craft Market! Local artists will be selling their work, there will also be food available from Pizza Llama.
- Saturday, October 31st from 1-5 PM, on the outdoor patio.
- The market is free to attend.
Everyman Theater’s Ghost Company Podcast
Since live-theater is a no-go right now, local theater company Everyman has transitioned into making a spooky podcast which releases new episodes Wednesdays at 8 pm! Episodes can be found here and are also released on Everyman’s Youtube Channel.
Drive-In Fall Movies in Baltimore Parks
Baltimore City Recreation and Parks is hosting a series of movies this fall in parks all around the city! Some of the movies included Hocus Pocus, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Knives Out, and tickets for each showing are $10 per vehicle/social circle if you don’t have a car. See BCRP’s website for dates, show times, and tickets!
Join local travel initiative Practical Travel Guides at the Patapsco Valley Quarry Trail in Woodstock, MD for a festive Halloween Hike!
- Saturday, October 31 at 11 AM.
- The hike is 3.1 miles long.
- Costumes are encouraged, but be sure to wear sturdy shoes and bring a mask and water!
- This event is free, and you can register and see more details here.
Written by Anna Brackett, MICA Architectural Design '22