- Assist in maintaining and processing supply order requests.
- Assist in managing the care of office equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the programming codes for new staff/interns.
- Assist in generating postal mailings regarding the agency’s operations.
- Assist in coordination of office celebrations (staff meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, board meetings, and other office events).
- Assist in drafting repatriation reimbursement letters.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and physical filing for repatriation payments and other case management related tasks.
- Assist in creating and updating of excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Assist in updating and ensuring electronic instruction files for administrative tasks/duties and responsibilities are maintained.
- Assist in the overall waiver process including gathering supportive documents related to waiver requests, evaluating related financial documents, communication with the Program Support Center, and monitoring and tracking debt waiver inquiries.
- Assist in gathering monthly reports and expenditures for the program.
- Assist in maintaining accurate contact information (contact name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for vendors/service providers, agencies, and other contacts as needed.
- Collaborate/communicate, support, problem solve, and resolve conflict respectfully with other ISS colleagues as needed.
- Any other duty, as needed for the good of the U.S. Repatriation Program and ISS-USA as a whole.
Skill Set Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional analysis and reporting skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality in order to handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy
- Degree or degree-seeking coursework in Business Administrations or related-field preferred.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Fall (Sep - Dec), Winter (Jan), Ongoing
Hours per week:
Some flexibility, but prefer availability during business hours
December 31, 2021
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Stephney Allen, Director of the U.S. Repatriation Program & Internal Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant Intern
Reports To: Operations and HR Manager
International Social Service - USA is an international social service agency whose mission is to mobilize a domestic and international Operations and HR Manager network of legal and social work professionals to efficiently connect vulnerable children, adults, and families who are separated by international borders to the services and support they need. For more information, visit www.iss-usa.org.
Position Overview: ISS-USA is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented part-time Administrative Assistant Intern to support ISS-USA daily operations and the U.S. Repatriation Program. The individual must be able to maintain the agency standard of excellence and have a commitment to the organizational mission.