Spring 2023 Internship Application Instructions
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Graduate or Undergraduate Program
- Recent graduate from an accredited program (within 5 years)
- PhD candidate
* Please note that if a position has a specific education requirement, that will be clearly indicated in the description.
The information below indicates general scheduling and commitment requirements for our Internship Program:
- Most positions will meet 2-3 days per week*
- All Interns will work approximately 16 hours per week
- Selected candidates will be expected to start by early March 2023.
- If you require a specific number of hours or are planning to do this Internship for credit, please state your hourly requirements in your cover letter
* A unique schedule will be created with each selected candidate based on their availability.
Please submit the following documents to complete your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact details for a reference should be listed on either your resume or cover letter
- Applicants applying for a Graphic Design position must also include a link to their portfolio
All materials must be submitted by Sunday, January 29th, 2023.
Notification of Decision
The review process will begin on Monday, January 30th. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified in the weeks following date. All applicants will be notified when a position has been filled.
Sending Applications Materials
Materials may be sent via the following options (please only choose one submission option):
- You may upload and submit your documents through the following form (please click on link): BMA Internship Application.
- You may send your Resume and Cover Letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position or positions you are applying for in the subject line).
- You may send materials through the post only if there is no possibility to electronically send documents. You must also notify us that you’ve mailed materials by sending a message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Mailed Documents must be clearly labeled:
ATTN : Rachel Sanchez
RE : Internship Application
The Baltimore Museum of Art
10 Art Museum Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218
BMA Internship Program Stipend
Baltimore Museum of Art Interns are awarded a $1,000 stipend per season (spring, summer, or fall)
The Joshua Johnson Council Stipends
Through generous support from our Joshua Johnson Council, we are able to offer two stipends per year aimed at increasing participation of minority groups who are underrepresented in the fields of museum programming and administration. JJC Stipend recipients will receive an additional $1,000 stipend. If you are interested in applying for a JJC Stipend, please indicate this clearly in your cover letter.
Any additional questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.