We are looking for an Asset Management Intern who will play a critical role in updating inventory and retiring outdated IT assets including cell phones, computers, and parts.
· Able to identify computer hardware by sight?
· Looking for experience with IT security complacency?
As an Asset Management Intern, you will inventory hardware for recycling within our asset database and create new items within our asset database that have not been previously cataloged. You will also get experience working towards being compliant with IT Security’s internal policies for hardware recycling and verify vender compliance with these policies.
A Day in the Life
· Identify hardware inside and outside of our asset database, including updating existing hardware and uploading hardware previously not accounted for
· Test returned hardware for potential damages and record as needed
· Transport return boxes from mail room to staging areas within secure office locations
o Organize return hardware for disposal
o Organize return hardware to stock
· Keep track of own work for administrative reporting
· Monitor outside vendor pickups/destruction/wiping on site
· Remove select HDD and SSD from retired PCs
o Secure all drives behind lock and key
· Remove SIM cards from cellular devices
o Secure all SIM behind lock and key
· Identify IMEI numbers in cellular devices
· Organize hardware by model
· Organization Skills
· Inventory Management Enterprise software Experience
o Service Now (will train right candidate)
· Able to manage physical demands of job; such as moving large quantities of hardware on a cart (up to 475 lbs), lift packages of hardware returned by employees (up to 75 lbs), and move as needed to count all hardware
· Office 365 experience
· Knowledge of basic computer components
· Ability to use scanner gun and/or cell phone applications
Please apply on out Handshake page
At Element Fleet Management, we provide world-class fleet management services that enable companies with fleet cars and light-duty vehicles, commercial truck fleets and equipment fleets to achieve an advantage today and confidently conquer tomorrow. Our employees play a critical role in delivering value to customers and ensuring an exceptional customer experience. Element is an exciting organization, offering many opportunities for you to grow your career!
We offer a suite of fleet management solutions that span the total fleet life cycle, from acquisition and vehicle financing to program management and re-marketing of fleet vehicles. With an unrivaled investment in tools and technologies and a relentless commitment to collaboration, we don’t just enable success – we empower extraordinary fleet performance.