BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, relationships, and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge, and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves daily, both internally and externally.
Learn About BDO
BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. As an Intern in our Assurance practice, you will begin to utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you serve the firm's dynamic client base. You will assist in problem-solving and fact-finding, working side-by-side with more experienced team members who can provide you with direction, coaching, and learning opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm’s practices and people, as well as begin to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
Essential Duties/Functions :
Typical responsibilities will include
- Participates in a structured on-the-job training program and become familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Becomes familiar with BDO-specific audit methodology to assist with various stages of the audit process
- Provides various support functions to the audit staff during engagement
- Communicates with the clients' customers, creditors, banks, and related parties concerning audit issues
- Prepares and documents work in working papers utilizing BDO-specific tools and templates
- Contributes ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views.
- Completes one assigned accounting or audit-related research project and is able to present findings to a panel of Assurance professionals
Other duties as required
Skill Set Required
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Master's program in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Pursuing a master's degree in Accounting or other relevant field preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Baltimore, Owings Mills, MD
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
This internship requires a minimum of 25 hours per week and can be scheduled for 40+ hours if desired. Candidates must be primarily available during standard business hours. Work may be completed outside standard hours and remotely in coordination with your work team.
Interns can work in either the Owings Mills or Downtown Baltimore offices.