The Program Assistant will support a grant funded climate change educational program for middle school students. This position will assist with communications, logistics and program development efforts. The Program Assistant will also support important partnerships to assist with the successful development and implementation of this program.
This position is grant funded. There is no guarantee of employment past the grant period.
● Coordinate and organize professional development opportunities for teachers.
● Manage volunteer recruitment and retention.
● Plan and support student activities at schools and in the field
● Respond promptly and professionally to program related inquiries.
● Manage supplies and procurement to support program activities.
Marketing and Communications:
● In collaboration with staff, research and write program materials and social media posts.
● Create presentations, reports, flyers and other print materials.
● Update website and other online resources.
Education and Outreach:
● Assist in identifying opportunities to support student engagement at school and in the community.
● Assist in developing curricular materials, assessments and field tools for student implementation.
● Participate as an active member of the staff team.
● Other duties as assigned.
Skill Set Required
● BA/BS degree
● 2+ years experience in education or environmental sciences.
● Proven communication abilities.
● Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office, WordPress, ArcGIS, Canva.
● Occasional nights and weekends required.
June 1, 2021
Resume, Cover Letter
Contact by June 1, 2021: