The Communications team is part of CRS’ Marketing and Communications Department working to raise awareness and drive fundraising and advocacy for CRS’ work. The Comms team uses targeted strategies and compelling storytelling to reach a variety of audiences through traditional, social and digital media. To reach the growing US Hispanic audience, the team works with MarCom, Comms staff in Latin America and in the US to create compelling content and implement strategic campaigns, highlighting the work in Latin America and around the globe.
The Communications team seeks a bilingual (English- Spanish) Communications intern with background in communications to provide support in the administration of our social media channels in Spanish.
The Intern will work directly with the Communications Officer for Hispanic Outreach and support other related assignments as the needs arise.
- Responsibilities of Intern
It will be the responsibility of the intern to:
· Ability to work remotely 17 hours /week.
· Fulfill the assigned tasks meeting established deadlines.
· Report appropriately the advancement and fulfillment of assignments
· Participate in meetings and conference calls as needed.
· Comply with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of CRS.
· The intern will be provided no monetary compensation.
IV. Expected Areas of Work
· Provide support to create social media content in Spanish, which could include research on specific issues and data; drafting posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; selecting photos; creating memes and coordinate the production of infographics and other graphic pieces in collaboration with the Creative team..
· Compile and organize information received from the Latin America region for social media content.
· Coordinate the translation from English into Spanish of institutional content and campaigns.
· Create weekly and monthly social media reports.
· Create a dashboard of weekly social media activity.
· Upload on CRSespanol.org press releases in Spanish as needed.
Skill Set Required
Skill Set Required:
· Currently enrolled in or completed a bachelor’s degree in Communications.
· Good work ethics, respects time and meets deadlines.
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
· Must be fluent in written and spoken Spanish. Native level preferred.
· Strong writing skills in Spanish.
· Photoshop skills
· Gif creation skills
· WordPress skills
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident