- Will rotate in roles/assignments with our various communications teams: external and internal communications, media relations, publications and website. Duties will include creating content, executing various writing and editing assignments, editing the website using our content management site and more.
- May also work with UMMC Communications staff on other related assignments, including providing support for various hospital events.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Junior or senior undergraduate student with cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher (on 4.0 scale).
- Preference given to students with demonstrated leadership skills and a wide array of interests/activities. Related work experience is a plus.
- Recommendation by Department Head (of student’s major area of study) and/or two professors. Alternatively, a list of three references may be submitted.
- Passing of UMMC’s standard drug screening and background check.
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Extended time on a PC is required.
- All interns are expected to follow the UMMC Dress Code, effective September 8, 2015. Volunteer services shirts will be provided.
Skill Set Required
- Presently pursuing a degree in communication, public relations, English, journalism or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential (business writing, editing, presentations and professional phone demeanor). Health-related writing experience or completed coursework in science classes is a plus.
- Skilled at web navigation, and capable of using the Internet and primary sources for research.
- Solid project management skills and experience thinking independently. Ability to handle multiple priorities in stride.
- Understanding of and experience with communication disciplines such as graphic design, advertising, marketing and public relations.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; HTML experience is a plus.
- High attention to detail and ability to identify key messages.
- Willingness to learn.
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug), Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
May 12, 2017
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, References
To apply for this exciting opportunity in downtown Baltimore, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (410-328-0703) a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and letters of recommendation to Communications Associate, Hope Gamper. A list of references may be provided in lieu of letters of recommendation.
Questions? Call Hope at 410-328-7702.