*This is a remote internship position, transportation and access to computer/internet required.
• Assists the Volunteer Coordinator in the development and implementation of program activities;
• Plans and carries out events that spread the word about LOFLJ and its mission;
• Research current data trends regarding crime recidivism rates;
• Researches outreach events. Reaches out to community groups to set up informational presentations;
• Recruit speakers for our Leadership Academy programs
• Build referral program with local agencies;
Skill Set Required
- Strong communication and writing skills, computer skills (Microsoft Office), Outlook and Google Drive
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Enthusiastic about LOFLJ, its mission, and criminal justice reform.
- Willing to travel to government agencies, community centers (Recreational centers, Senior centers, Churches, nonprofit agencies in Baltimore County, Essex area, and Baltimore city)
- Use conference call technology
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Criminal Justice, Social Sciences, Sociology,Non-Profit Management, Communication Studies
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
December 31, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, References, Other - Availability
To apply, please send Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, Availability, and References to email@example.com.