BDO has two offices in the Greater Baltimore area: Baltimore/Owings Mills and Columbia.
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, relationships, and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge, and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves daily, both internally and externally.
Learn About BDO
BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. The Core Tax Services Intern will be responsible for utilizing their educational background and organizational skills in the service of the firm's client base through the preparation of returns and extensions under the supervision of more experienced Core Tax Services professionals. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm’s practices and people, as well as begin to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Pursuing a master's degree in Accounting or other relevant field preferred
Skill Set Required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
- Ability to prepare simple tax returns
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Accounting, Economics, Finance
Baltimore, Owings Mills, Columbia, MD
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
This internship requires a minimum of 25 hours per week and can be scheduled for 40+ hours if desired. Candidates must be primarily available during standard business hours. Work may be completed outside standard hours and remotely in coordination with your work team.