- Ability to contribute four to five times a month
- Ability to proofread and edit your own articles
- Attending weekly magazine Google Hangout Meetings
- Work on special projects, if needed
- Always coming in with an open mind and ideas to back it
Skill Set Required
Inspiring writer or blogger working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts (other majors are welcomed and don't have to be in college)
- Knowledge of using Wordpress
- At least one to two years of experience in writing
- Has a strong and unique voice for overall culture topics 9via sports, politics, pop culture, world views, etc.) while being able to create original, thought provoking articles from these topics
- Prior experience in a major or growing culture publication/site is a plus, but not necessary
- Can bring their own creative twist while being able to use social media and other media platforms to discover and hand pick topics that stand out and matter.
Previous writers have used their experience in UofTaste Magazine to obtain contributing, featured, writing, & internship opportunities with Complex, XXL, The Source, Respect Mag, & Frank 151.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Journalism, Communications, or English
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug), Fall (Sep - Dec), Winter (Jan)
2017-2018 School Year
Hours per week:
Resume, Writing Sample
To send a resume email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Your Name Here For Culture Writing Contributor Opportunity" with 1-4 samples of your past or current work. We have only two internship spots left for culture contributors.
UofTaste Magazine is looking for young/innovative part-time culture writers to contribute their creative smarts at least four to five times a month. Ideal candidates will live in the DC/MD/VA area, be familiar with WordPress, and want to learn to write for a fast growing respected website/publication. Having some writing experience, the candidate also can show strong passion + knowledge for discovering, creating, and finding unique pop culture, sports, political, good causes, or news that matter to our young ever changing society while making it true, original content. Out-of-state applicants are also welcomed since most of the work and meetings will currently be done remotely via computer.
Perks Of Writing With Us:
- Press Access to special culture and sporting events in the Baltimore & DC area
- UofTaste Magazine Swag & Free Gear
- Meet & Interview Unique individuals, Stars, and Creatives
- Have Your Articles Published In Our Seasonal & Special Edition Digital and Interactive Publications ( we even add your name in the masthead)
- Voice Your Opinions & Ideas For Future Issues Of Uoftaste Magazine ( It Takes A Village)
- Freedom To Create New Series' & Topic Ideas On Our Site (No More Hot Shot Editors Shooting Down 95% Of Your Ideas)
- Grow With Us ( Gain Amazing Position Opportunities Within Our Continuously Growing Publication & Online Site)
- Can be used for college credit upon request
- Future Plans To Include Stipends For Contributing Writers