The intern's projects and activities will be tailored to his/her interests and skill set, including but not limited to:
- Engage with donors during all phases of the giving cycle through preparation of solicitation and acknowledgement letters, event invitations and face-to-face communication during concerts and events
- Contribute to donor acquisition through research, data mining, cultivation event planning and communication strategies
- Encourage increased donor retention through day-to-day communications, successful event implementation and efficient use of database information
- Help increase average gift size through targeted stewardship initiatives and messaging strategies
- Explore areas of personal interest through individualized research that contributes to a larger framework
- Working with staff to learn and strengthen data management and maintenance in Tessitura, our database system
- Other duties as assigned
Skill Set Required
The ideal candidate is interested in the field of arts management and is proactive, enthusiastic, goal-oriented and responsible and has a strong work ethic and passion for the arts.
Essential skills include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) excellent interpersonal skills. Mail merge knowledge necessary.
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn
- Experience with database maintenance a plus.
- Interns will receive mentorship from multiple departments and gain valuable skills for continued growth in the arts and culture sector.
- At the conclusion of the internship, interns will have a diverse portfolio of work samples.
- Minimum 15 hours per week, schedule is flexible.
- Free on-site parking.
- Modest stipend.
- Intern is eligible for complimentary tickets to BSO performances on the same basis as administrative staff.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Music, Arts Administration, Business
Spring (Feb - May), Ongoing
Hours per week:
Yes, Modest Stipend stipend
January 31, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to: