The BMA offers Internships to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates. These positions provide the opportunity for Interns to contribute to various Museum projects and activities while learning how a major institution functions on a day-to-day basis. Interns will be guided by their supervisor who will act as a mentor and teach them about their department’s function within the Museum.
Candidates must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student
- Graduate student
- Recent graduate from an accredited program (within 5 years)
- Most positions will meet 1-3 days a week*
- Selected candidates will be expected to start in June of 2017
- If you require a specific number of hours or are planning to do this internship for credit, please state that in your cover letter.
* This time is subject to change depending on the unique schedule that will be created with each selected candidate and the nature of their project.
- Cover Letter/Statement of Interest
- Current Resume (that includes contact information)
- Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Letter of reference from a professor, academic advisor, or supervisor (only 1 letter will be accepted)
All materials must be submitted by Sunday, May 7th, 2017.
Notification of Decision
All selected candidates will receive an e-mail detailing that they have been chosen for a Summer Internship no later than June 1st, 2017.
* Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants selected for the interview process.
Sending Applications/Letters of Reference
All of your materials may be sent via the following options:
ATTN: Rachel Sanchez
RE: Internship Application
The Baltimore Museum of Art
10 Art Museum Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218
Please, no phone calls.
Unless otherwise noted, BMA internships are typically unpaid.
The Joshua Johnson Council Stipends
The Museum does offer two paid positions aimed at increasing participation of minority groups who are underrepresented in the fields of museum programming and administration. If you are interested in applying for a JJC Stipend, please indicate this clearly in your cover letter/letter of intent. The two candidates selected to receive a JJC stipend ($1,000/ each) will be notified.
Q: May I apply for more than one open Internship opportunity?
A: Yes, you may apply for up to two open positions. Please reference them in your Cover Letter/Letter of Intent.
Q: What should I include in my Cover Letter/Letter of Intent?
A: Please include specific references to the position(s) for which you are applying and why you are interested in that department(s). It’s best to list experiences/classes that relate to the position(s). Also, please note if you are doing this Internship for credit.
Any additional questions may be sent to email@example.com.