The Employee Engagement team works to understand and improve how staff navigate and experience their journey with CRS. The team manages recognition programs, oversees staff onboarding & staff care, celebrates our values and mission, and sponsors meaning events for staff.
The Employee Engagement intern will support the Employee Engagement by focusing on the following activities:
- Knowledge management (gathering, compiling, managing and sharing relevant information and technical resources; media support and communication); with a focus on on-boarding, staff care, alumni relations and community engagement
- Support for the development, implementation and roll-out of staff care resources
- Support the development and use of tools to collect, analyze and present data about the employee experience and navigation
- Special event planning and technical support for meaningful employee engagement events
- Design and enhance informative on-boarding materials for new staff
- Research and help develop staff care resources
- Research, design and develop interactive communications with CRS Alumni through social media
- Design flyers, one-pagers and other visuals that support CRS' Employee Engagement Events
- Provide organizational support in various Human Resources projects
- Provide input into event plans, such as suggesting ways of leveraging events to build community
- Provide logistical support for staff events, such as our service awards and recognition events
Skill Set Required
Agency Wide Competencies:
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Current undergraduate or graduate student in human resources, non-profit management, social work, media, marketing, and/or communications, or with meaningful relevant experience from a previous job or internship
- Strong written and verbal communicator who can also ask insightful questions
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when provided with clear directions.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and web page design (e.g. SharePoint).
- Proven ability to provide, receive and act upon constructive feedback
- Ability to work with and adapt to all levels in the organization, both face-to-face and virtual
- Graphic design experience using Microsoft or Adobe products
- Social media marketing a plus
- Spanish, French & Arabic speakers encouraged to apply
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
human resources, social work, media, marketing
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Yes, $10.10/hour stipend
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
August 16, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter
Please apply directly to CRS at www.crs.org/about/careers by uploading your cover letter and resume. The requisition is D4900.
Do you have an interest working for a diverse international development organization? Do you want to work for an organization that helps the poor and vulnerable? Do you have an interest in a future career in Human Resources?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have an opportunity for you!