- Assist with the creation and maintenance of all appropriate electronic and/or hard copy financial files.
- Assist in creating contracts and sending invoices to customers following agency’s procedures.
- Assist in generating and maintaining efficient tracking system of payables and receivables related to invoices generated and services rendered.
- Assist in designing and providing necessary financial documentation and reports in a timely manner to the Director of Operations, Executive Director, and Board of Directors as required.
- Assist with the completion of requisite monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for states and other fees for service contracts.
- Assist in providing reports, documentation, and support to independent auditors.
- Assist in documenting all operational procedures in an orderly electronic and physical file.
- Assist in composing cover letters for disbursement checks.
- Assist with preparation of disbursement checks for mailing.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all vendor and customer inquiries, as well as to other internal or external sources.
- Collaborate/communicate, support, problem solve, and resolve conflict respectfully with other ISS colleagues as needed.
- Any other duty, as needed for the good of the Finance Department and ISS-USA as a whole.
Skill Set Required
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent mathematical aptitude
- Familiarity with standard business principles and practices regarding finance and accounting
- Working knowledge of data privacy standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced customer-service and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality in order to handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounting software is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and some relevant experience in accounting, finance, or bookkeeping
- Sense of humor
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Fall (Sep - Dec), Ongoing
Hours per week:
Some flexibility, but prefer availability during business hours
August 31, 2021
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Stephney Allen, Director of the U.S. Repatriation Program & Internal Operations at email@example.com.
Position Title: Graduate Intern (Finance)
Reports To: Finance Manager
International Social Service - USA is an international social service agency whose mission is to mobilize a domestic and international network of legal and social work professionals to efficiently connect vulnerable children, adults, and families separated by international borders to the services and support they need. For more information, visit www.iss-usa.org.
Position Overview: ISS-USA is seeking a graduate student to provide support to the finance department to increase the efficiency with which fees and services are tracked, reported, and finalized. This will include processing, tracking, and following up on contracts, reporting, invoices, and payments. The individual must be able to maintain the agency standard of excellence and have a commitment to the organizational mission. In addition, the candidate must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work both cooperatively with staff and independently with minimal supervision.