The Hip Hop blogger will help mold the branding and presentation of the company by focusing on posting and researching music in order to keep our company updated on latest news and trends in hip hop. It is important to stay updated in how the hip hop world effects daily life for the target audience of Phantasy Management. Certain qualities of the hop hip blogger involve ensuring that the blog is up to date has as few mistakes as possible in order to be viewed by as many readers as possible, drawing in a bigger and broader crowd to Phantasy Management's company. The blogger must also promote the blog in order of attracting professional clientele. The blogger should have some if not an intense knowledge of the music industry and a passion for the genre of music the blogger will be focusing on. Other responsibilites include:
• Be creative
• Must be willing to learn.
• Be self-motivating
• Ability to work independently, but also within the structure of a team
• Must have access to a working computer.
• Must be able to format articles in a way that is professional and visually pleasing (with images)
• SEO skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Extremely Organized
• Reliable transportation
• Video and photo experience is a plus
• Ability to spot breaking news -- especially Twitter -- and find additional information after a story breaks
Skill Set Required
• Have a real passion for writing and have an interest in the genre of music you write about
• Have an interest for music and the music business
• Be reliable and committed to music journalism
• Be able to deliver interesting reviews and / or articles
• Be able to construct coherent articles that engage an audience
• Work closely with website developer and social media manager
• Attending music events in and around Maryland
• Excellent writing, editing, people and communication skills.
Positive attitude and great organizational skills are a must.
Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
• Ability and desire to react rapidly to breaking news
• Must be able to write between 2 articles per day
• Build and execute news stories through research, current events, and personal stories from scratch.
• Create, edit, and publish content
• Ability to research and discover new music
• Mass/Digital/Media Communications Major, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, English, Liberal Arts or Marketing Major a huge plus!
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Public Relations, Liberal Arts, English, Creative Writing, Professional Writing, Communication, Journalism
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
December 31, 2017
Resume, Writing Sample
Send all resumes and writing samples to Phantasymanagement1@gmail.com.
About Phantasy Management:
Phantasy Management LLC. is a management company that was established in 2007. We are a full service talent management company based in Maryland. We're passionate about the music industry and its safe to say the music world is in our veins. We will work with all genres of music at every level in the your career. Our overall goal is to help prepare artist that want to make the transition from performing as a hobby to performing professionally, and eventually go from local to national recording artists. We will guide you through the business side of being an independent artist so that you can continue to make great music.