Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
Interns in the Forest Dreamers program at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based play in a safe, calm learning environment. Duties include engaging with children during daily activities, assisting with outdoor exploration, and helping with set-up and clean-up. The Forest Dreamers is an immersive outdoor program. Interns must be physically capable of hiking up to three miles per day, embrace being outdoors in all weather conditions, and eager to engage with children throughout the class.
Skill Set Required
- Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages 4-6 years old
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communications skills
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Your own transportation and outdoor apparel/gear (i.e. boots, raingear, backpack, etc.)
- Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor Education, or Human Services. Natural sciences, social work, or related fields also considered.
Owings Mills, MD
Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
February 28, 2020
Resume, Cover Letter, References, Other - https://www.explorenature.org/get-involved/