Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
As a member of the Office of Human Resources, this position performs in a direct supporting role, assisting in multiple facets of human resources. The primary task of this internship is the research, creation, and implementation of a succession planning system. Additionally, the Human Resources Intern will provide support to Professional Development, Talent Acquisitions, Compensation & Classification, Benefits, Payroll, and other positions within the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Intern will be afforded many opportunities to be hands on with a variety of projects, both big and small. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential.
A Human Resources Intern is responsible for:
- The research of, creation of, building a business case for, and implementation of a succession planning system.
- Proper handling of confidential information
- Creation and execution of professional development workshop(s)
- Identifying novel outlets for advertising career opportunities
- Participating in Job Fairs
- Maintaining an organized file room
- Assisting in job description creation
- Assisting in social media campaigns
- Sorting through personnel documents and creating archive files as determined by the State retention policy
- Other duties as assigned
Skill Set Required
- A Junior or Senior level student actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Must be proficient with research and data analysis
- Must be extremely proficient with MS Excel
- A Graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in one of the aforementioned fields
- 1+ years’ related work experience.
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration
Baltimore, MD, MD
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug), Fall (Sep - Dec), Winter (Jan), Ongoing
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Yes, Commensurate with experience. salary
Resume, Cover Letter
The Office of Human Resources is dedicated to providing strategic partnerships with College leaders to attract, develop, and retain a qualified and diverse workforce that fosters an environment to support our students, mission, and vision. Services are provided in the areas of Recruitment/Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Classification and Compensation, Professional Development and Training, and Labor Relations.