HUMAN SERVICE RESEARCH INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Human Service Internship will offer a junior or senior undergraduate student interested in the field of Human Services, Non-Profit Management or Public Administration the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and expand their resume, by contributing to IDA’s work to improve literacy through research assistance. This dynamic self-starter will work closely with the IDA Chief Executive Officer and can play a key role in the success of these efforts, working with a well-known, mission-driven non-profit organization.
- Research literacy funding opportunities to enhance services for individuals with dyslexia and other related reading differences.
- Assist in dyslexia awareness along with other reading differences.
- Write, and develop reports and proposal outlines.
- Complete other assigned research projects pertaining to human services to improve service delivery.
- Responsible for navigating databases and generating reports based on findings.
Skill Set Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An effective and professional communicator, both oral and written.
- Competent in demonstrating research skills required in Human Services.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Higher level coursework completed, or working towards college degree in Human Services, Non-Profit Management or Public Administration.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Human Services, Non-Profit Management or Public Administration
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
February 18, 2020
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
Apply only via email to internships@dyslexiaIDA.org
- Work falls during the 2020 spring and 2020 fall semesters, exact dates based on student’s schedule/Company needs.
- Days and hours are flexible but will need to work on location between business hours 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.