Intern will assist OIIT with the following projects:
· Support event planning and preparation for overseas trade shows, the SelectUSA Summit, and local export/international events
· Conduct research for clients to answer a wide range of questions. This may include research on specific industries, identifying appropriate contacts within government or industry, or using existing Commerce databases to compile information.
· Assist with data entry to the Salesforce system.
· Prepare briefing documents for leadership as needed.
· Participate in meetings and events to learn more about international economic development
· Semester-long project will be an update of the foreign company list
Additional tasks may be assigned as required.
Skill Set Required
The ideal candidate should have:
Ability to provide recommendations from previous employers/professors indicating strong work ethic
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Major in a relevant field (see below)
- Demonstrated interest in international activities through projects or activities, such as volunteer work, previous experience with an organization doing international work, participation in clubs with an international focus, etc.
- Proficiency in a foreign language strongly preferred
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Foreign Language, International Studies, Business, Economics, or a related field.
Hours per week:
10-15 hours per week
December 13, 2019
Resume, Other - transcript
Street Address: Department of Commerce
Office of International Investment and Trade
World Trade Center
401 East Pratt Street, 7th floor, Baltimore, MD 21202
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org