Intern will assist OIIT with the following projects:
- Support event planning and preparation for overseas trade shows and missions, webinars, and local export/international events
- Conduct research for clients to answer a wide range of questions. This may include research on specific industries, identifying appropriate contacts within government or industry, or using existing Commerce databases to compile information.
- Assist with data entry to the Salesforce system.
- Prepare briefing documents for leadership as needed.
- Participate in meetings and events to learn more about international economic development
- Semester-long project to be determined
- Additional tasks may be assigned as required.
Skill Set Required
The ideal candidate should have:
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Major in a relevant field (see below)
- Demonstrated interest in international activities through projects or activities, such as volunteer work, previous experience with an organization doing international work, participation in clubs with an international focus, etc.
- Proficiency in a foreign language strongly preferred
- Ability to provide recommendations from previous employers/professors indicating strong work ethic
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Foreign Language, International Studies, Business, Economics, or a related field.
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
August 13, 2021
Street Address: Department of Commerce
Office of International Investment and Trade
World Trade Center
Email Address: email@example.com
401 East Pratt Street, 7th floor, Baltimore, MD 21202