Intern will assist OIIT with the following projects:
· Support event planning and preparation for overseas trade shows and missions, webinars, and local export/international events
· Conduct research for clients to answer a wide range of questions. This may include research on specific industries, identifying appropriate contacts within government or industry, or using existing Commerce databases to compile information.
· Assist with data entry to the Salesforce system.
· Prepare briefing documents for leadership as needed.
· Participate in meetings and events to learn more about international economic development
· Semester-long project to be determined
Additional tasks may be assigned as required.
The ideal candidate should have:
Street Address: Department of Commerce
Office of International Investment and Trade
World Trade Center
401 East Pratt Street, 7th floor, Baltimore, MD 21202
As, the state primary economic development agency, we stimulate private investment and create jobs by attracting new businesses, encouraging the expansion and retention of existing companies, and providing workforce training and financial assistance to Maryland companies. The Department also promotes the state's many economic advantages and markets local products and services at home and abroad to spur economic development and international investment. trade and tourism.