Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate or Undergraduate Program
- Recent graduate from an accredited program (within 5 years)
- PhD candidate
- Most positions will meet 2-3 days per week*
- All Interns will work approximately 16 hours per week
- Selected candidates will be expected to start in October 2022
- If you require a specific number of hours or are planning to do this internship for credit, please state your requirements in your cover letter
* A unique schedule will be created with each selected candidate.
- Cover Letter
- Contact details for a reference (no recommendation letter)
- Graphic Design applicants must also supply an electronic portfolio (Website, links, documents, etc.)
All materials must be submitted by Sunday, September 18th, 2022.
Notification of Decision
Please note, the review process will begin after all applications are received. At which time, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your patience during this time.
All applicants will receive a notification when a position has been filled.
Sending Applications Materials (including Reference Letters)
All materials may be sent via the following options:
- Preferred Method: email@example.com (please indicate the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line)
- Through the post (please only use this method if there is no possibility to e mail documents):
ATTN : Rachel Sanchez
RE : Internship Application
The Baltimore Museum of Art
10 Art Museum Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218
BMA Internship Program Stipend
To promote our mission and DEAI initiatives, all BMA Interns are awarded a $1,000 stipend.
The Joshua Johnson Council Stipends
Through generous support from our Joshua Johnson Council, we are able to offer two stipends per year aimed at increasing participation of minority groups who are underrepresented in the fields of museum programming and administration. If you are interested in applying for a JJC Stipend, please indicate this clearly in your cover letter. The two candidates selected to receive a JJC stipend ($1000/ each) will be notified.
Please note that if you are awarded a JJC Stipend, you are not eligible for the BMA Internship Program stipend.
Q: May I apply for more than one open Internship opportunity?
A: Yes, you may apply for up to two open positions. Please reference them in your Cover Letter. You may also submit two separate cover letters (one for each position).
Q: What should I include in my Cover Letter?
A: Please include specific references to the position(s) for which you are applying and why you are interested in that department(s). It’s best to list experiences/classes that relate to the position(s). Also, please note if you are doing this Internship for credit.
Q: Should my Letter of Recommendation be sent separately or with my other materials?
A: Either way is fine!
Any additional questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.