Title: IT Systems Support Internship
Department: Information Technology
Position Status: Part Time- Internship
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
About the Job
CDS Logistics & Home Services is looking for an enthusiastic, highly-organized Technical Support Intern who is looking to gain hands on experience in IT Systems Support. We are seeking candidates with a passion for IT and technical support, customer service, and a willingness to learn.
IT Systems Support
In this role you will work within our IT team that supports the daily operations of our business through coordination of a variety of internal and external client requests. You can anticipate this role to focus on daily support, asset management and special projects. A successful applicant will be able to:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating Work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Provide support for CDS’ bar-coding software (PC and Handheld) and hardware (scanners and label printers) for our network
- Provide end-user training for CDS’ bar-coding software/hardware
- Manage implementations of various software systems
- Barcode Scanner/Printer Asset Management; which includes, but is not limited to: manage returns and shipments of scanners, tracking shipments, update scanner inventory system, etc.
- Help Senior Support Staff develop training guides and Learning Management System courses
- Assist end users with level I support tickets; which includes, but is not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook) issues and questions, copier/fax machine issues, multi-line phone system issues, and additional varied client requests
- Install & Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) software on external user’s computers
- Configure communication/mobile devices (ex. phones, iPads)
- Research and identify issues and process failures for daily customer ASN and EDI, automated data transmittals.
- Completion of daily reports and tasks.