We are seeking an intern who is interested in learning in a fast-paced startup atmosphere where they will master new skills, take part in groundbreaking events and partnerships, and grow their own network. As an intern at Betamore, you will help mold the future of our business and the startup scene in the city of Baltimore. Throughout your internship, you will be an integral part of the Betamore team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can’t imagine working 9-5 in a cubicle, has a way with prose, is ready to to deal with the unexpected and lights up a room with their personality.
What You Will Learn:
- How to craft compelling and shareable content.
- How to create and schedule social media content using Bit.ly, TweetDeck and other software.
- How to handle general administrative duties required for the smooth and successful operation of the space.
- How to problem solve.
- How to use WordPress to manage website content.
- How to support and manage events.
- Much more – you will work closely with the Betamore team to assist where needed. No two days will be the same.
Skill Set Required
- Background in Business, English, Communications, Education or other related discipline. Think you’re a great fit but you’re studying bio? Come by and wow us.
- Highly organized, intellectually curious, with an ability to ‘take initiative’ and beat us to the punch.
- Experience with content creation for various social media platforms.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Interest in startups, entrepreneurship, and technology.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Marketing, English, Communications, Education
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Yes, $10/hour salary
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
September 29, 2017
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
Since this is a marketing and communications internship, writing skills are very important to us. To learn more about your skills, please send a short (200 words max) answer to the following question:
Why are you passionate about contributing towards the growth of early-stage startups and entrepreneurship in Baltimore?
Submit your cover letter, application and writing sample for the Betamore Marketing + Communication Internship on Indeed.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.