This position is a great opportunity to build your resume and portfolio while supporting a respected and growing organization’s marketing team. As an intern, you will assist with copy writing and content creation including contributing to JA’s blog, social media channels, email communications and more. You’ll benefit from gaining real-world professional experience in a marketing and communications role while networking with educators, administrators, business leaders and community volunteers.
1. Assist in the content creation and design of marketing materials, including blog posts, email communications, website updates, etc.
2. Support and execute the overall social media strategy through relevant content, photography, and videography needs.
3. Capture and analyze marketing metrics including campaign reporting.
4. Update and maintain media, education, and partner company lists.
5. Assist with any additional marketing related projects or duties.
6. Provide occasional operational and administrative support for meetings and events as needed.
Skill Set Required
•Proficient in MS Office Suite and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
•Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills, and well-developed research skills
•Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail
•Experience with social media platforms, content management systems, and knowledge of social media trends.
•Knowledge of AP Style and strong editing skills
•Dependable and deadline driven
•Ability to work some evenings when necessary
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Communications, English, Journalism, Business Communications
Owings Mills, MD
Fall (Sep - Dec), Ongoing
Hours per week:
Yes, $250-500 stipend
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
September 13, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
To apply, email JA Marketing Director Katie Ballance at email@example.com.