The Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations (Maryland Nonprofits) is one of the largest and most successful state associations of nonprofits in the country, with over 1,200 organizational members, 150 associate members, and 16 staff to serve them. Our mission is to strengthen organizations and networks for greater quality of life and equity.
Maryland Nonprofits is the primary resource for advice and assistance on nonprofit management issues for the state’s nonprofit community. We conduct training programs and provide technical assistance in most areas of nonprofit management, promote opportunities for information sharing and networking; and represent the interests of our members and the nonprofit sector before the General Assembly, Congress, and local governments. We are recognized across the nonprofit sector and among policymakers, the media, opinion leaders, and the general public, as the leading representative of and the authoritative source of information about Maryland’s nonprofit sector.
Maryland Nonprofits is also the home of The Standards for Excellence Institute®, a national initiative established to promote the highest standards of ethics, effectiveness, and accountability in nonprofit governance, management, and operations, and to help all nonprofit organizations meet these high benchmarks.
Maryland Nonprofits seeks a Marketing and Communications Intern, focusing specifically on the 2020 Maryland Nonprofits and MARFY Annual Conference, This is a paid internship, with the intern receiving $11/hour for up to 20 hours a week for eight weeks starting anytime between May and July.
BENEFITS OF THIS INTERNSHIP
The intern will gain project management experience, as well as strengthening their core knowledge of online marketing and strategy, a comprehensive understanding of data analytics and identifying trends across multiple platforms, and knowledge of nonprofit best practices. They will work with a variety of departments to coordinate marketing goals, ranging from consulting to policy to programs. Finally, the intern will leave the experience with a portfolio of quantitative accomplishments specific to online marketing and website management.
Intern will participate in a structured program with responsibilities that will include:
· Helping execute social media marketing campaigns from initial planning stages through to final reporting
· Assisting with day-to-day social media management, including but not limited to scheduling posts and community management
· Assisting with the design/production of content for social media, including images, copy, etc.
· Helping create the weekly member newsletter and other promotional emails
· Staying current with best practices related to PR and social media, and making recommendations for new and improved strategies
· Aiding in updating the Maryland Nonprofits and Standards for Excellence website
· Assisting with Maryland Nonprofits' Annual Conference in October 2020 including marketing promotions, event preparation, and building the conference mobile app
Skill Set Required
Preferred candidates will have experience related to marketing, communications, website management, blogging, and/or social media, as well as a strong interest in working within the nonprofit sector.
· Candidates should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in fields such as marketing, communications, nonprofit management, or majors related to marketing and digital media.
· Strong writing and editing abilities required.
· Skills in graphic design, research, Google Analytics, and website management a plus.
· Candidates should be quick to learn new technology tools such as HootSuite, Box.com, Campaign Monitor, WordPress, Salesforce, etc.