While working as a Marketing Intern, you will be tasked with fulfilling duties and performing tasks related to the strategic planning and initiatives of the marketing department. Specifically, you will support the creative efforts of the Marketing team to help fulfill client needs, manage the company’s image throughout the community, and work on special projects as assigned. The person in this position assists with performing the operational functions of the department, ensuring that metrics are tracked and the company is actively represented in the community.
The Marketing intern will be actively involved in the efforts of the Marketing Department, including, but not limited to:
- Maintain and manage all social media post for assigned brand
- Write blog posts, as assigned, for company publications
- Prepare and organize marketing collateral and giveaways for guests and events
- Conduct market research and prepare customer surveys
- Organize, prepare material for, and attend networking events to support set up and breakdown of sales booths, and other events as needed
- Proofread emails for internal and external communication with employees, customers and networking leads, specifically, monthly electronic newsletter, monthly branded follow-ups, product specific emails, and holiday/event announcements
- Organize, update and highlight products in the showroom in the Owings Mills office, as well as other store locations as required.
- Manage rock star photos by taking photos of guests on tours, socially posting photos, and mailing the photos to the rock star as a memento
- Maintain a running inventory of marketing materials, the supply closet, and the $tollar Store and update the marketing department on reorders as needed
- Collaborate with other departments and the leadership team to set up of the training room with marketing collateral and other supplies as needed
- Manage some of the logistics of the 10 AM meetings by taking minutes and organizing the Bingo incentive program when needed as a backup
Skill Set Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or some related field
Ability to read and interpret important documents, especially basic informational reports and email correspondence
Ability to speak effectively in front of co-workers, managers, and customers
Must be fluent in English
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
Mathematical operations applied to calculating simple costs is critical
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing this job successfully requires that an individual have a solid understanding of computers, data entry, Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms and email applications such as Microsoft Outlook. Ability to perform basic functions in Adobe creative suite applications.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Graphic Arts, Design, Business Communication, Marketing, Business, Visual Communication, Media Communications
Owings Mills, MD
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
Email your resume and availability for Summer 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Factory is able to allow the internship to count for credit, within meeting the appropriate hours and college standards.
To learn more about us, http://strategicfactory.com/