Media Works is looking for an intern who is interested in learning about the media planning and buying business from the ground up. Media Works is a highly-respected, fast paced, energetic integrated marketing agency located in Baltimore, MD. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented student with excellent communication skills, as this position will be interacting with our station reps and clients on a regular basis. This position is unpaid, and is available to receive college credit. The internship position is expected to fulfill a 12 week commitment, for two days a week for a total of 12 hours a week.
Media Works Intern Expectations
An intern’s responsibilities directly mirror those of a Media Buying Assistant. Duties that will be required include but are not limited to:
Pre-Logs: You will be responsible for compiling and checking prelogs for all of our clients.
- Collecting all prelogs.
- Comparing prelogs to media buys.
- Keeping notes of any errors.
- Entering matched prelog times into spreadsheets that are created each week.
- Contacting Media Buyer with all errors.
Posting: You will be responsible to post various clients every month.
- Entering invoices manually into SBMS.
- Pulling a TV post through our SBMS system.
- Creating a spreadsheet that compares estimated and actual ratings.
- Contacting the buyer with points owed.
Tearsheet Analysis: You will be responsible to analyze tearsheets from publications across the country to verify that they are running correctly.
- Analyzing creative and print quality on tearsheets.
Competitive Tracking: You will be responsible to track competitive information for our clients.
- Tracking and analyzing newspapers from both Washington DC and Baltimore for competitors.
- Analyzing web articles to verify how competitors are doing in the marketplace.
Interactive Research: You will be responsible for helping with a variety of research projects.
- Website/Blog specific research will be required.
- Analyzing of website traffic based on the research tools we have available.
Skill Set Required
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Marketing, Mass Communications, Business
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
Yes, 10/hour stipend
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
December 28, 2018
Resume, Cover Letter