The Maryland Nonprofits Membership and Strategic Engagement Intern will assist the Membership Manager with administrative tasks to support our 1200 member organizations. The job requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and positive attitude as supporting members is of primary importance.
Tasks may include:
- Online research
- Running membership reports
- Member outreach
- Data generation for membership dashboards
- Attending planning meetings
- Analyzing trends
- Other duties as required
Skill Set Required
- Interest in learning about the nonprofit sector
- Solid knowledge and skill to conduct research
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Self-starter and pleasant attitude
- Sticks to deadlines, can bring projects to closure
- Willing to accept instruction
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
March 26, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter
All internship positions are volunteer and unpaid, but Maryland Nonprofits will cooperate with your university to provide class credit. Maryland Nonprofits interns will work on-site at our Hampden office, located at 1500 Union Ave, Suite 2500, Baltimore, MD 21211. Remote work may be arranged. Internships are part time and interns should be available to work at least 10 hours per week (10-15 hours per week; 10-20 in summer). Interns do not need to provide their own computer.
Interested students can apply for the Spring Semester, Summer (June - August), or both positions. Please send resume and cover letter to: Darryus Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Nonprofits has been a recognized capacity builder for 25 years, committed to a sustainable and robust nonprofit sector through our membership of more than 1,200 nonprofits and associates. Maryland Nonprofits' mission is to strengthen the capacity of nonprofit organizations and promote collaboration for greater quality of life and equity. Our membership is representative of the sector, running the gamut from start-up nonprofits to long-established agencies; all are working to meet the educational, physical, emotional, cultural, and spiritual needs of the people and communities they serve.