Based on your skills and particular interests, specific position projects may include:
• Support Executive Director in creating a communications calendar
• Provide assistance in implementation and evaluation of communications plan
Photo/Video shooting and editing:
• Capture and edit videos and photos to document client storytelling and activities of the organization
• Create educational videos on relevant services and public policies to educate supporters.
Web & Social media:
• Create compelling and engaging social media posts and support the day-to-day management of our social media accounts.
• Contribute to monthly e-newsletters.
• Create infographics to include in social media posts and newsletters.
Print and Digital design:
• Design general and event specific SMOC flyers and marketing material.
• Create theme and layout for annual reports and impact reports.
• Help tell the “why” of our story and brand, and ensure our vision and message is clearly, visually, and professionally presented.
Skill Set Required
• Able to manage various projects with different timelines and deliverables
• Verbal and written communication skills are critical
• Able to work both independently and in group settings
• Understanding of mission and programs of organization
• Displays knowledge, understanding and competency in the area of marketing and communications
Desired Design & Marketing Skills:
• Photography – ability to capture, re-touch, color correct and manipulate images.
• Graphic design – ability to create illustrations, graphics and presentations using Canva, Publisher, and other software. Designs should be prepared for both print and web optimization.
• Video – ability to shoot and edit video pieces using desired software.
• Web – ability to update websites working in wordpress. Some coding knowledge Preferred.
• Social Media – understanding of latest trends and experience in using social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube.
• Experience with copywriting for print and web
Hours per week:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and their portfolio website or curated portfolio to email@example.com with “Multimedia Communications Specialist” as the subject line.
St. Mary’s Outreach Center (SMOC) collaborates with older adults and their care partners to meet the challenges of living self-sufficiently with dignity and respect. We primarily work with our clients in a one-on-one setting to remove barriers to improving their financial, physical, and emotional well-being and to provide support for their evolving challenges.
Our vision is that communities across Baltimore are caring and support older adults in living healthy, productive, and personally satisfying lives. As a Multimedia Communications Specialist, you will provide essential technical assistance and drive the way we share our mission and vision. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will support St. Mary’s Outreach Center’s overall marketing and communication strategies through the development of creative and marketing materials.