Youth Development Program Manager and Non-profit Management interns will be responsible for providing support to the Program Manager, which includes, but is not limited to, the daily administrative functions related to hosting leadership development classes, interacting with students, executing student lead events and student care. Specifically, interns will prepare curriculum content; prepare program materials; interact with and instruct students at program locations; assist with marketing and information outreaches to students; maintain program social media platforms; assist with the execution and management of student-led community activities/events; accompany the Program Manager to various meetings; and manage one "pet" project in the areas of, business growth and development; marketing, sociology, education, international relations, STEM, etc.
Skill Set Required
- Interns are preferably available September through May for academic school year placements and June through August for summer placements.
- Interns work directly with the Program Manager.
- Interns must be available during programming hours which vary. (some weekends may be required)
- Interns are expected to work at least 10 to 14 hours a week and have the option of working up to 36 hours a week.
- Interns must qualify for successful background checks.
- Interns must be willing to provide proof of vaccination.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Business, Marketing, Sociology, Education, Youth Development, International Relations, or Non-profit management
Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
M - TH
Yes, $500.00 + transportation stipend
July 8, 2022
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, References
To apply, forward a resume and cover letter to David Carty, email@example.com.
The internship experience includes participation in Informational interviews in respective fields; and networking sessions.
Stipends of 500.00 + transportation costs are issued at the end of the internship with an opportunity for an additional bonus of up to $500.00.