14 West, part of The Agora Companies, is currently seeking a Part-Time Benefits Assistant to support its Benefits Team during open enrollment season. We’re looking for someone to come on board in October, get up to speed on our systems and benefit plans, and work through our benefits open enrollment throughout the month of December. If you’re looking for the right opportunity to continue building your experience in Benefits and Human Resources, this could be it… A perfect opportunity for someone looking to add more experience in Benefits & HR under their belt!
This position will report directly to the Benefits Manager. As a member of this team, you’ll gain valuable experience in the following areas:
- The inner workings of an internal Benefits team.
- The various processes of open enrollment.
- Internal Benefits communications.
- Benefits research.
This internship is located in the historic Mount Vernon district of Baltimore. It’s a part-time position that can be scheduled around your class or work schedule, so if you’ve been looking to get this type of experience on your resume, apply now!
As our Benefits Assistant, your day-to-day responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting employees with their benefits questions and the enrollment process (so excellent communication skills and attention to detail as well as an understanding of the benefits will be necessary).
- Assisting employees with selecting their benefits elections in BenefitFocus platform (so any previous experience with BenAdmin platforms is a plus).
- Responding to employee emails in a timely fashion.
- Helping with employee parking and MTA passes as needed (ordering and picking up passes, distributing passes to employees on a monthly basis).
- Updating vehicle information in the parking systems.
- Sending benefit communications to employees as needed.
- Researching benefit initiatives as needed.
- Assisting with office projects as needed.
Skill Set Required
- Entry-level experience/familiarity with benefits preferred.
- Confirmed availability during the months of October through December
Some of the most important QUALITIES we are looking for include the following:
- Hyper organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- An open and flexible mindset.
- A motivated self-starter.
- Superb communications skills- both verbal and written.
- Positivity and a sense of humor are absolutely crucial!
- Must be hell-bent on pleasing people.
- Hospitable, personable and thoughtful, but also confident and articulate.
- Eager to learn, and understands that no job is too small or too large.
- Poised… always, but especially under pressure.
- Must must MUST be a strong listener.
- Must be trustworthy/ able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
October 27, 2017
Resume, Cover Letter
Like our full-time employees, our part-time employees (under certain conditions) are offered a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services including:
- FREE fitness classes and wellness programs
- Opportunities to become involved in philanthropy, community and cultural programs
- Flexible scheduling, creative environment, casual dress code, and unique workplace setting (our office is housed in a beautifully restored historic 19th century mansion… seriously)
- Training and mentorship opportunities
- Social activities
- … and more.
About 14 West
14 West shares not only a long history but a heritage with The Agora, “a marketplace for ideas,” and the only global network of its kind for the world’s most innovative privately-owned media enterprises. Today, more than 20 of those enterprises rely on 14 West to find them the talent they need in copy, editorial, digital marketing and technology to remain consistently at the helm of the industry at large.
With a diverse range of services and a unique breadth of experience in the media industry, 14 West holds the key to creating compelling, competitive workplaces and turning entrepreneurs and their ideas into evolutionary brands.
The key is people. People that will continue to drive those brands forward for another 40 years. People like you perhaps?
Learn more about 14 West at www.14west.us.