As a member of the U.S. Dream Academy's Learning Center team (and reporting to the Center Director), this position is a part-time role that helps ensure successful program delivery and the smooth operation of the Center. This position plays an important role in collaborating with the center staff as Dream Academy continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity to succeed as a large organization that affects 50-100 students each year. This includes a commitment to continuous quality improvement and being prepared to engage in new and unanticipated challenges to further the ongoing needs for the Learning Center. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative team member.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- execute some aspects of prescribed academic instructions and values-based learning within the U.S. Dream Academy curriculum; the three pillars of Skill Building, Character Building, and Dream Building.
- assist Education Specialist and implement prescribed curriculum of Successmaker and Individualized Tailored Instructions (ITI) as needed
- organization and implementation, as directed by Center Director, daily activities, worksheets, and supplies
- communicate with parents, teachers, and guardians on regular basis regarding youth participation
- with DreamStaff create an engaging and safe environment that nurtures positive youth develpoment
- maintain a visible, consistent, and participatory role during the daily operations of the Center
Skill Set Required
This is a tremendous opportunity for an emerging leader and manager to maximize and strengthen a well-respected, high impact organization. Candidates will gain experience in responsibility of the successful implementation quality Out of School programming, community impact and will have a strong desire to make an impact in afterschool programs.
An accessible and flexible style that inspires trust and confidence; a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives
ability to lift 25lb
Spring (Feb - May), Fall (Sep - Dec), Winter (Jan), Ongoing
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
Resume, Cover Letter
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you are interested in seeking college credit for your internship, please communicate with your academic department first. In those cases, please reach out in conjunction with your department to firstname.lastname@example.org.