- Responsibilities include building media lists, writing press releases, and writing pitches, assisting with social media, assisting with event RSVPs, and a variety of miscellaneous tasks related our current client list.
- Coordinates music and film industry relations and interfaces with all professional associations.
- Prepares and provides media relations with social media updates and releases of newsworthy information in accordance with direction from senior leadership.
- Drafts press releases and contacts people in the media who might print or broadcast material related to the Company.
- Identify news angles to secure press for new products, local partnerships, promotions, store openings, etc.
- Arranges and conducts PR programs; maintains relationships between third party organizations and the public.
- Sets up speaking engagements and often prepares speeches for company officials.
- Represents employers at community projects.
- Prepares annual reports and writes proposals for various projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage interactions with the media, including responding to inquiries, developing talking points, conducting research and responding during crisis.
- Conduct interviews and generate news and feature content for print and electronic media, including college recruitment, website and social media channels, to engage audiences and promote services and initiatives.
- Secure and facilitate media interviews, segments, video/photoshoots, etc
- Works closely with the social media marketing team to Identify and establish relationships with local social media influencers
Skill Set Required
- Be able to think strategically and tactically
- Have a thorough knowledge of film marketplaces
- Be aware of cultural trends
- Have good organising and planning skills
- Be a good communicator and networker
- Understand costs and budgets
- Be adaptable and able to respond to changing demands and events
- Exceptional writing and public speaking skills.
- Be computer literate
- Have a broad knowledge of film
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team, exercising sound judgment.
- Professional demeanor to represent NA favorably in a public forum.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, marketing, or related area a plus!
- Decisive and resourceful with the ability to anticipate and act on events and opportunities in an appropriate manner.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Public Relations, Journalism, Communication, English
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National
December 31, 2017
Please send all resumes to PhantasyManagement1@gmail.com. In the subject line include your name and the position you are applying for.
This position is currently a non-paid position but will grow into a paid position within the next six months to a year.