To start end of June or early July
Visit Baltimore is seeking a highly motivated college student to join our communications team as a Public Relations intern starting in June 2019. Visit Baltimore’s PR internship program will introduce students to the art of public relations within the tourism & hospitality industry.
Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore, each student will leave with valuable “real world” experience in a fast-paced setting, written pieces for their portfolios, and a variety of professional skills and accomplishments to add to their resumes.
- Assist PR Manager with coordination of Summer Restaurant Week media opportunities and media monitoring
- Support PR Coordinator with creation and delivery of media welcome bags
- Assist with writing, proofreading and distributing press materials
- Complete special research projects as assigned
- Maintain and make monthly updates to the Media Clips Log and keep information current in CRM database
- Join the Communications team for brainstorming sessions and special events
Skill Set Required
- We are seeking college juniors or seniors interested in a career in communications, public relations, marketing, or tourism.
- We ask interns to commit to 10-15 hours or 2-3 days per week.
- Intern should be able to work quickly and efficiently on a deadline and must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Intern should be familiar with the AP Stylebook.
Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
April 30, 2019
Resume, Writing Sample
To apply for this internship, please email a resume and writing sample to Jessie Krebs at firstname.lastname@example.org.