Future PR wizards wanted! If you’re looking to gain experience writing press releases, building media lists, and keeping clients in the public eye, we’ve got you covered.
At Devaney & Associates, you’ll be working under the director of public relations doing all of this good stuff:
- Building and maintaining media lists
- Researching award opportunities and keeping track of deadlines
- Collecting editorial calendars from media outlets and identifying opportunities for clients
- Helping to write and distribute press releases, pitch letters, calendar listings, etc. for clients
- Compiling and saving client media clips
Skill Set Required
We’re looking for someone who fits the script for the ideal PR practitioner:
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Knowledge of social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience in online research
- Self starter able to quickly grasp task objectives
- Dedication to meeting deadlines
- Creative thinker who can review and synthesize information quickly and clearly
- Team player
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Communications, Mass Communication, Advertising, Fine Arts, EMF, Public Relations, Graphic Design
Owings Mills, MD
Spring (Feb - May)
Hours per week:
December 31, 2017
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
Send your resume, 2-3 writing samples, and a cover letter that tells us what makes you special, why you’re interested in PR, and what makes you perfect for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.