The AmeriCorps Site Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners within our reading centers in elementary schools, leading the full-time program coordination, operations, and relationship development at their school. This is an exciting opportunity to serve directly with kids, coach volunteers, build partnerships with faculty and staff, and gain hands-on-experience with a literacy program that works!
The AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator plays a critical role in our school-based team within the region. This role serves as a mobile coordinator to support multiple reading centers. They accomplish this by tutoring, identifying trends, sharing best practices across schools, and supporting AmeriCorps Site Coordinators.
The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator serves as the representative of Reading Partners within the community, leading the charge in recruiting and onboarding volunteer tutors. Volunteer Coordinators also lead in executing community engagement initiatives in the region. No two days are alike for Volunteer Coordinators!
Skill Set Required
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are dedicated to national and community service
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term term of service.
- Demonstrate a passion for working with children
- Possess a natural ability to connect with people
- Are eager for a dynamic schedule
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Boast a deep belief in and passionately promote our mission
- Demonstrate a love for relationship building and public speaking
- Have flexibility and adaptability in both work style and work environment
- Take initiative in meeting goals and seeking professional growth
- Can problem-solve through challenges and failures
- Can quickly learn new technology systems like Salesforce, and have a high level of comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Root your work in our core values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
Bonus Points if you:
- Are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alum/alumna
- Have experience volunteering with other community-based or education programs
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Yes, $17,000 stipend
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
July 19, 2019
Interested in joining the Reading Partners AmeriCorps team? We'd love to hear from you!
Apply here for school-based roles, and apply here for the Volunteer Coordinator position.
What we offer:
- AmeriCorps members earn an annual living stipend of $17,000
- AmeriCorps members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage at no cost for our members; childcare assistance is available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify.
- AmeriCorps members can earn an education award of $6,095 after successfully completing their service term.
- You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities.
The other things you need to know:
- Service Terms: AmeriCorps members serve full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) from August 2019 through June 2020, and must commit to a service term of 1700 hours over an 11-month period.
- Travel: Volunteer Coordinators are constantly traveling throughout the community, and need reliable transportation to attend partnership meetings, career fairs, and other events. AmeriCorps members also make occasional trips to regional offices and service day events.
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Orientation: At the start of each program year, Reading Partners holds an intensive program orientation training to take a deeper dive into our program, foster relationships with regional teams, and learn the skills necessary to execute their respective AmeriCorps role.