DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's six manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
The “DAP Stars" represent its 700 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. Our World Headquarters located in Canton’s Historic District in Baltimore, Maryland, provides exciting opportunities for interns to learn about our business, network with our professionals, and help make a difference. Interns are provided ownership of projects within various corporate departments.
The Research & Development Intern will support activities in the lab including product design and formulation, testing samples and analyzing results.
Semester: Summer 2017
Schedule: 32 hours per week, Monday - Thursday
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
- Design and Formulate experimental series to isolate significant and relevant chemical structures.
- Develop skills and techniques for formulation of sealants/adhesives
- Safe handling of materials
- Test the design samples using various test methods.
- Effective sample preparation
- Compilation of test data
- Analyze test results to determine structure/ property relationships, the significance of these properties and the extent that formulation can influence these properties.
- Analysis of test data using Ad Hoc techniques as well as DOE software
- Correlate results to established test objectives and benchmarks
- Communicate effectively and write report(s) on results
Summer (Jun - Aug)
DAP Products Inc.
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Monday - Thursday
Yes, 12 salary
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
April 28, 2017
please apply online at http://www.dap.com/careers/