Global Church Engagement’s responsibility is to provide our overseas staff with the knowledge and skills to foster strong relationships with Church leaders and religious partners to more effectively and collaboratively serve the poor and vulnerable and address the root causes of poverty and injustice.
What you will learn:
Our summer hire will gain a greater understanding of how CRS relates to representatives of the Global Church as we fulfill our humanitarian and development mandate. Develop skills related to the SharePoint Online/Office 365 platform and to Gateway the CRS' application of Salesforce.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The intern will assist the Church Engagement Advisor in the development and maintenance of the Global Church Engagement SharePoint site.
· Familiarize him or herself with the Global Church Engagement site.
· S/he will assist in managing information on the MyCRS Global Church Engagement Site.
· Discuss with Church Engagement Advisor ways to optimize utilization of the material by CRS HQ and field staff.
· Assist in the production of a Global Church Engagement Newsletter.
· Update key documents with information provided by the Church Engagement Advisor.
· Assist in hosting visiting Church officials and delegations.
Skill Set Required
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Minimum Qualifications: (3-5 maximum. These are non-negotiable/must-haves)
- One year of college completed.
- Good work ethic
- Good writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with SharePoint software. Intern will be trained in management of site content for the new SharePoint platform.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Customer relationship software used by CRS in Gateway
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
Monday through Friday
Yes, 14.45/hour salary
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
May 24, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter
ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT CONTAIN A COVER LETTER AND RESUME WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Kindly apply directly to CRS online at www.crs.org/about/careers. You can search by job title or by the requisition number. Req. #4784.