• Assist audience development and outreach efforts for all SHCS events. This may include outreach to local colleges and student organizations, submission of events to free listing websites, and development and cultivation of relationships with meet-up groups.
• Support development of content for Facebook and Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Conduct artist, market, audience, donor, and other research
• Assist in preparation of materials for the 2019-20 season and Annual Fund Campaign
• Assist in organizational archival efforts including digitizing, cataloguing and conservation of organization documents and audio files
• Provide office support, including copying, data entry, aiding with administrative processes, filing, scanning, etc.
• Provide on-site support for day-of concert operations as needed
• Database Maintenance
• Other related duties as assigned
Skill Set Required
Candidates considering a career in arts administration, marketing, and/or development are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with and knowledge of classical music strongly preferred. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with data analysis a plus. Seeking an independent thinker, doer, and problem-solver with strong verbal and organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to juggle priorities, reliability, willingness to learn, and a sense of humor are highly valued attributes.
Must be able to commit to a regular schedule of 10-15 hours per week during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) for Fall 2019. SHCS’s offices are located on the JHU Homewood Campus. Compensation is $10.10/hour.
September 20, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “SHCS Fall 2019 Internship”. Applications will be considered as they are received, with preference given to applications received by September 17, 2019.