Volunteer Youth Coach Job Description
Goal: Create a positive learning environment where youth learn sportsmanship, fundamental skills, teamwork and responsibility.
Job Description: Banner’s youth sports programs emphasize skill development, fair play, teamwork, cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility, and fun.
· Have a desire to work with youth and have enthusiasm, patience, organization, maturity, dependability and be responsible.
· Be 18 years old
· Be available at the times when practices and meetings are held.
· Background check (Banner will assume cost)
· Attend necessary coaches meetings.
· Attend scheduled practices and games.
· Communicate program information to parents and players.
· Attend training (3hrs)
· Provide enrichment and teach fundamental skills to youth while emphasizing skill development, fair play, teamwork, sportsmanship and fun.
· Be on time at all practices and games or inform coordinator of tardiness or absence.
· Provide a safe environment for practice and games by checking the condition of field. Examine field prior to practice and games for unexpected hazards.
· Enforce and adhere to Banner’s policies and procedures.
· Be accessible by phone or email.
· Abide by all officials’ decisions.
· Report any problems with fields, equipment, player behavior, parent behavior or officials to the Director of Youth Sports.
Spring (Feb - May), Summer (Jun - Aug), Fall (Sep - Dec), Winter (Jan)
Hours per week:
Yes, up to $1,500 stipend
October 5, 2018
Cover Letter, References, Other - We have application
All interested applicants please contact Coach Carter email@example.com or 410-585-8810.