This position is a part-time Social Work position which provides a full range of moderate to complex research, program evaluation support, and data management, in support of the, Executive Director, Program Director, and Talent Coordinator. The incumbent reports directly to the Program Director but may interact with a wide range of staff, teaching artists, students, alumni and community leaders. Learning Experiences Include:
- Conduct research and make recommendations that will assist in program development that create safe and inclusive spaces for youth programs and community events.
- Conduct research to identify appropriate local resources for program participants and community members, and update directories.
- Provide support with data collection that relates to program design and evaluation.
- Support special events and outreach efforts as they arise.
Skill Set Required
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and proficient with verbal and written communication.
- Completion of some undergraduate coursework strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills, Excel and Mac OS operating systems a plus!
- Basic understanding or interest in social justice and communities who have been historically marginalized and disenfranchised.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Social Work, Non Profit/Art Management, Curatorial Studies
Spring (Feb - May)
Hours per week:
December 28, 2018
Resume, Cover Letter, References
Email your application materials -- resume, cover letter, and at least 2 references -- to Jessica Hutchinson at email@example.com by Dec. 28th. Write "Social Justice 2019 Internship" in the subject line.
Dew More offers its interns a unique and valuable chance to learn the ins and outs of a leading arts-activist nonprofit and to contribute to the continued success of the organization. Our internship program is flexible and can be tailored to provide the most optimum experience through a collaborative learning process.
Our non-traditional office culture is a reflection of community members, educators, and artists that we serve and that support us. We welcome students interested in working with a free-thinking, creative, gutsy, grassroots organization to apply!