Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
Volunteer Position Description:
Irvine Nature Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Solicit sponsors, create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, assist with the management of event staff and volunteers, and cover the logistics of the event.
- Update guest registration, seating information and related data entry.
- Manage and implement a plan for securing silent auction items.
- Assist with insuring the special events content on the Irvine website and social media sites are updated.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up.
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes.
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident