Duration of Internship: January 2019 – May 2019 (dates flexible)
The Communications and Social Media Intern will support the Maryland Historical Society’s social media outreach efforts, and other related communications tasks, within the Communications and Marketing Department. The intern will gain valuable experience working in a nonprofit setting and sustaining a social media audience to support the museum, library and education programs at MdHS— the oldest continuously operating cultural institution in Maryland.
The Communications and Social Media Intern will:
· Research, create and post content to MdHS’s social media platforms and execute strategies to increase MdHS’s effectiveness in the digital arena.
· Monitor social media accounts and key word feeds for post/response opportunities.
· Assist with tracking social media analytics.
· Help write content and compile images for MdHS’s monthly e-newsletter.
· Create and maintain online calendar listings of MdHS’s programs and events.
· Update the press list and maintain the press clip files.
· Other duties as assigned.
Spring (Feb - May), Winter (Jan)
Hours per week:
Yes, 1500 stipend
January 31, 2019
Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample
- A stipend of $1,500 for the semester.
- Complimentary MdHS membership, including free library and museum admission.
- Opportunities to strengthen resume and portfolio.
- Free parking.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week
Deadline: Ongoing until filled
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, at least two writing samples, and references to Jennifer Michael, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Communications and Marketing.