The information security intern is responsible for assisting with many components of the information security program and business continuity management and contribute to the completion of projects within the InfoSec department.
· Assist with creating and documenting CRS’s business continuity plan.
· Assist with service desk tickets related to the information security awareness(ISA) training program.
· Generating reports for the ISA program
· Help with launching phishing campaign.
· Assist with various security tools monitoring.
· Assist with deployment of monthly ISA videos and newsletters.
· All other activities as assigned.
Skill Set Required
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Serves with Integrity
· Models Stewardship
· Cultivates Constructive Relationships
· Promotes Learning
· Highly proactive and able to work independently.
· Ability to work within a geographically distributed team.
· Strong systems thinking and analytical approaches to problem solving.
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Culturally sensitive and patient.
· Demonstrated commitment to organizational learning and development.
· Good organizational skills.
· Team player willing to work at multiple levels.
· Preference given to students enrolled with a concentration in Information Security, Cyber Security or Information Assurance.
· Maintain good (digital) citizenship.
· Strong writing skills.
· Some knowledge of best practices, methods, tools, and techniques used to address information security such as those embodied in ISO 27001, NIST 800, CObIT, and ITIL.
· Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
· Regularly required to sit at a desk; work at a computer; type.
· Occasionally lifts, carries, and /or moves objects weighing less than 25 pounds.
· Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
Occasional travel, less than 10%, is required.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
cyber security, information security, information assurance
Spring (Feb - May), Winter (Jan)
2018 (Jan - Jun)
Hours per week:
20 or more hours
Yes, $9.25/hour salary
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident, Employment (H1-Visa)
December 22, 2017
Resume, Cover Letter
Kindly submit your cover and resume to apply via our website: https://www.crs.org/about/careers
We're happy to have your interest!
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in work location country at time of application.