Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
The intern will act as an interpretive guide for guests to a selected exhibit. In addition, this position will provide information about topics relative to the land/nature.
Walks last approximately 1 hour. Please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled walk time to gather needed materials. Plan to stay 15-30 minutes after the completion of the walk to clean up materials used and debrief with staff and other volunteers.
- Attend training session(s)
Skill Set Required
- Enthusiastic about learning natural and human history
- Completion of training session(s)
- Ability to interact well with children, teens and adults
- Ability to work well with other volunteers and interns
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic
- Must be 18 years of age or high school graduate
Owings Mills, MD
Fall (Sep - Dec)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
Resume, References, Other - https://www.explorenature.org/the-nature-center/support/volunteer/