United Way of Central Maryland’s Office of Marketing and Communications seeks a summer video intern to shoot and produce compelling, on-brand, sharable videos for use across multiple communications channels to promote the organization’s mission, work and events and activities.
- Shoot, edit and produce short-form feature, event/activity coverage and interview videos.
- Manage post-production tasks including editing, music selection, and the creation of supporting visuals (title/opening/captioning/closing screens).
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team and other staff to conceptualize, storyboard, script and caption videos.
- Limited PowerPoint presentation creation and enhancements (music, special effects)
Skill Set Required
- At least one year of experience in shooting, editing and producing videos.
- Editing software skills and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain production schedules and to meet deadlines.
- Reliable, with strong interpersonal skills, team player, ability to work effectively with individuals across all levels of the organization as well as recipients of United Way services and programming.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend shoots.
- Access to transportation to various locations throughout central Maryland. (See below for possible video shoot sites.)
United Way of Central Maryland’s offices are located in the Montgomery Park Business Center, 1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340, Baltimore, MD 21230. The organization also operates 15 Family Stability Centers in locations in Baltimore City and in Anne Arundel, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties. In addition, United Way donor membership group, volunteer and fundraising events and activities are held throughout the region.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s)
Film, video, digital media
Summer (Jun - Aug)
Hours per week:
U.S. Citizen/U.S. National, Permanent U.S. Resident
June 29, 2018
Resume, Portfolio, References